created Feb 08, 2012
updated Nov 25, 2015
This dataset contains all current and active business licenses issued by the Department of Business Affairs and Consumer Protection. This dataset contains a large number of records /rows of data and may not be viewed in full in Microsoft Excel. Therefore, when downloading the file, select CSV from the Export menu. Open the file in an ASCII text editor, such as Notepad or Wordpad, to view and search.
Data fields requiring description are detailed below.
APPLICATION TYPE: 'ISSUE' is the record associated with the initial license application. 'RENEW' is a subsequent renewal record. All renewal records are created with a term start date and term expiration date. 'C_LOC' is a change of location record. It means the business moved. 'C_CAPA' is a change of capacity record. Only a few license types my file this type of application. 'C_EXPA' only applies to businesses that have liquor licenses. It means the business location expanded.
LICENSE STATUS: 'AAI' means the license was issued.
Business license owners may be accessed at: http://data.cityofchicago.org/Community-Economic-Development/Business-Owners/ezma-pppn
To identify the owner of a business, you will need the account number or legal name.
Data Owner: Business Affairs and Consumer Protection
Time Period: Current
Frequency: Data is updated daily
- Community Rating
Current value: 0.0 out of 5
- Your Rating
- Community & Economic Development
- business, licenses, current
- Row Count
- https://data.cityofchicago.org/Community-Economic-Development/Business-Licenses-Current-Active-Issued/gsnw-etesOpens in new window.
- Short URL
- https://data.cityofchicago.org/d/gsnw-etes?category=Community-Economic-Development&view_name=Business-Licenses-Current-Active-IssuedOpens in new window.
- Data Owner
- Business Affairs & Consumer Protection
- Time Period
- 2006 to present
- Data is updated daily